Ganesh Chaturthi @Green Iconia -2017

Although Ganesh Chaturthi is one of my best-loved festival, I started relishing it only after coming to Hyderabad especially Green Iconia. Entire community celebrate as a single family and I'm joyous to be a part of it for the third time. And it is the first time of it's 4 years to celebrate for 10 complete days with great zeal and enthusiasm.
So let me share few of my experiences with a bunch of colourful photos and videos. 
Just a month before the festival, Ganesh committee has formed to organize the events and for the first time, they hired a choreographer to teach dance to kids and ladies of Iconia which was my favourite part in the entire celebrations. 
Though I couldn't give my best for the practice due to relatives at home, I was damn delirious as I could loose some weight BTW.

Coming to the details, ladies have formed two groups like working woman and non working woman so that everyone can participate in the event.
As I belong to working woman group, choreographer used to teach us only on weekends and in the remaining days we practice by ourselves. 



This is our first day of practice. So many members showed interest as it is the very beginning day. Until that day I never heard that song which is from Bollywood movie "Don". Though I absolutely hate that song, I tried to enjoy it as I don't want to hurt others. 

Thought of watching the other group and I walked in to see their practice and came to know that my favourite song from "Fida" movie , "Vachinde mellamellaga vachinde"  was chosen. Just decided to learn the steps for that song.


                                           

I enjoyed learning steps to this song and thought of joining in that group but due to some "technical" issues I was supposed to quit from it. Wink!!!!!

As I couldn't perform for my desired song, at least in my group I want to add the song  that I love i.e., Udi Udi jaye and I'm glad that everyone in group accepted that.All the remaining songs were chosen by others. 


So on every weekend, we learn steps for new songs by taking instructions/steps from dance master. Also we record few videos to memorize the steps for practice on weekdays.

Don't be astonished to see our "veteran" choreographer!!!! We changed couple of steps suggested by him and for Pujabi beats, Niru bhabi taught most of the steps as she is a Punjabi. 

                                          
On public demand, we included 2 more minutes to our Udi Udi jaye song as it was admired by many.

Our practices went rigorously in the background and on the foreground we had various events like fun games, Tambola, Co-Co, Anthyakshari, Homam,Tug of war, Utti ceremony, fashion show, kids games etc on all those 9 days. 

Day before the festival (Aug 24th) :

The night before the festival was hectic and blissful as we participated in rangoli.

Rangoli made by all ladies of Green Iconia. 


And this was drawn and coloured exclusively by me. How is it? You can suggest in the comments section.

In the entire 9 days, we had Ganesh Pooja both in the morning and evening sessions followed by prasadam distributions and fun events.
Day 1: 
Kids fashion show. I missed it as I was busy with relatives at home.
Day 2:
Musical chairs for ladies followed by Anthyakshari.



 Day 3: 
On day 2, all ladies decided to wear sarees but everyone skipped except Swapnil and me. And to our surprise, we became the hosts for the kids dance show. I was rejoiced as it is my all time favorite task and performed infront of my parents. ( They came in the afternoon for some work in Hyderabad).






Day 4 and 5:
Spent quality time with my brother, parents and ofcourse my darling Blacky.

Brother!!! Just came from Delhi and a mandatory selfie


Meet my Blacky!!!



Mom and Dad!!

Day 6: Ladies Co-Co and Tambola.

Played Co-Co after a very long gap and it was quite amusing.
Then we played my most favourate game i.e Thambola. I was in no-loss no-gain situation at the end of 4 consecutive rounds.


Day 7:Thambola, Ramp Walk practice

                  All set to play Tambola again.


And the above click of mine was clicked by this cutie. 


Practice session of Ramp walk for the next day.

Saree trail sessions for the next day's fashion show and myself in a Bengali style. This reminded me of my M Tech days as I did the same style for a traditional dress show event.
Of course it was a different saree!!! Wink!!!
A Bengali girl with a Diya and of-course no makeup!!


Day 8 : Magic show followed by Fashion show

As I was busy in getting ready for the fashion show, I missed the magic show. 

A selfie!!! 
Learnt few poses by watching Aishwarya Roy's Devdas movie so as to perform at the event.

                      A click from my performance!!
These two twins are my crazy fans and they were fighting to take a picture with me.

                                            One more pose!!!


Hubby time!!








The gang!!!

A success party after our fashion show at Ibaco.




Day 9 :

This was the most awaited day of the entire celebrations as I am going to perform on stage after many years. 

The excited me in a traditional attire!!! And thanks to mom for the lovely outfit.

A selfie with my dance team.

                               Don't miss this one!!!
                                    



A selfie with my hubby and cousin after my performance

Don't feel like changing my attire. So a selfie again!!

Day 10(Sunday ) : Tug of war, Laddu Auction, DJ and Nimarjanam

The winning team of Tug of War!!!! See the excitement of the ladies.

Matching Maching!!!

Anchors of the final event!! Me and Swapnil.


Waited for this picture for quite a long time as he missed my anchoring to send off my cousin



All set for DJ and it continued till 2 a.m.

This ends our Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations with full of motivation for upcoming years.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chennai Beach

Weekend Indulgence at ITC Maratha

My first ever accident

Hampi Dairies

The colourful state of India- Rajasthan

Explore the Unexplored- Adinimmaya Palle Reservoir!!!!!

A night walk around Charminar during Ramzan

A well spent day at Physical Literacy Days, Hyderabad

A luxurious and relaxed weekend in Mumbai during summer

The People of Orissa