Its me


Since childhood, I love teaching. Even in roleplaying-games, I always wish to choose the teacher role and teach basics to kids and I used to enjoy a lot. In my tenth standard, I was asked to act like my English teacher on Teacher’s day. I did not prepare well but went to classes that day and maintained the class pin-drop silent and at the end of the day I got to know that I got first prize. It was that day when I realized my interest towards teaching and opted for teaching career.
Presently, I am working as an Ad Hoc lecturer at Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, RK Valley campus, from past one and half year. According to me, teaching is not just a venue of one-way communication. I make my class as interactive as possible by asking many questions so that students’ critical thinking ability and interest towards subject will be increased. In order to make every student attentive, at the end of each module, I will conduct group discussions so that they can memorize each and every concept clearly. At the end of each class, I will give assignments to the students so that they can improve practical knowledge than being book warms. I believe that one of the most important ways to provide high quality teaching is to be prepared for each and every class period. As a student I observed many lectures being ill prepared.  I vividly remember the frustration that I felt in those situations and determined that I would not exhibit such behavior in the classes that I teach.  Therefore, I always strive to be prepared by knowing the material, having visuals prepared and ordering the class in a logical and consistent manner.
In order to gain knowledge regarding project work in M Tech, I have attended a workshop on ‘Research Trends in Computer Networks’ at JNTUACEP. My M.Tech project work created an interest for research in Computer Networks. Also, later, I attended a workshop on ‘Network Simulation for MANETs, VANETs and Sensor Networks using NS2’ held at VIT University, Chennai on 21st & 22nd Feb 2014 to improve my knowledge in the field of Computer Networks as I am project guide for 38.
          I attended my first International Conference held at Lovely Professional University, Punjab and published/presented a paper entitled ‘Performance Evaluation of AntHocNet Routing Algorithm in Ad Hoc Networks’ in IEEE journal and achieved Best Paper Award. I believe that attending a conference is a professionally rewarding experience. Listening to presentations will inform us about what others are doing and will inspire research ideas. I attended another International Conference on ‘Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation (ISMS)’ held at Langkawi, Malaysia and published a paper entitled ‘Routing in Ad Hoc Networks Using Ant Colony Optimization’ in IEEE journal. The conference was a very good experience and I am very much encouraged to research after meeting various delegates from various countries.
          Apart from academics, I do consider myself very active in extracurricular activities. My interest towards extracurricular activities started from schooling with the encouragement of my parents. I never missed any elocution event, debate or JAM. During M Tech first year, I participated in Debate and achieved third prize competing with 250 members. I feel it is the biggest achievement and I realized my public speaking skills, analytical and research skills. In B.Tech, we organized an inter-college festival ‘Funtazia’ continually for three years successfully. I was an active member of it. From those events, I improved my leadership qualities, dedication towards assigned work. I am a good anchor. In all the fests during my UG and PG, I was the anchor for events like sports meet, college day, inter-college festivals, and workshop. This improved my communication skills, spontaneity, and confidence. My favorite past time is dance. I learnt kuchipudi for a year and I devote significant amount of my past time for practice as it is refreshing and good physical exercise. Besides dance, I am a badminton player because both my mom and dad are good badminton players.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chennai Beach

Weekend Indulgence at ITC Maratha

My first ever accident

Hampi Dairies

The colourful state of India- Rajasthan

Explore the Unexplored- Adinimmaya Palle Reservoir!!!!!

A night walk around Charminar during Ramzan

A well spent day at Physical Literacy Days, Hyderabad

A luxurious and relaxed weekend in Mumbai during summer

The People of Orissa